Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB)
Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang , popularly known as KNB Scholarship, is a prestigious scholarship program offered by the government of Republic of Indonesia to selected applicants originating from developing countries. Managed by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Culture, the scholarship has been disbursed since 2008 to 1.290 recipients from 94 countries. The role of KNB Scholarship has been central in supporting Indonesian higher education institutions in their endeavor for internationalization. The number of international students is indicative of global visibility of higher education institutions. In support of Indonesian universities’ internationalization and to accommodate the increasing interests from applicants all around the world, the number of scholarships being awarded every year has continued to grow. The scholarship has also been continuing to expand its partnership with reputable public and private universities in the country. In doing so, the scholarship has been sustaining the quality improvement of Indonesian higher education institutions in order to meet the standards of internationally reputable universities.
Application usually will start in February and will be closed around 3 months later. All application processes are conducted through KNB official website, https://knb.kemdikbud.go.id. Here’s the steps of application procedures:
- Download the Invitation Letter from the KNB Scholarship website;
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy or Indonesian Consulate to acquire the Recommendation letter;
- Complete the online application process;
- Selection process;
- The Selection Results will be broadcasted online through the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
Notes to be taken into consideration:
- We strongly suggest you to collect as much information as possible on the universities and your desired study program. Please be advised that once you are admitted, changing either the universities or your study program is strictly prohibited.
- The recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy is mandatory. The recommendation letter will be issued based on verification and necessary background and/or security checks conducted by the Indonesian Embassy. In case of no Indonesian official representative in your country, you need to obtain the letter from any Indonesian Embassy accredited to your country.
- All the required documents have to be written or officially translated in English.
- The participants from English speaking countries are not automatically excluded from the requirement to attach the written prove of their English proficiency.
- The universities will be conducting the selection process that should include (if necessary) online interview with the potential candidates.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact:
Directorate General of Higher Education
Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta 10270
Phone : +6221 57946063 / Fax: +6221 57946062
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Public Diplomacy
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia
Jalan Taman Pejambon No. 6, Jakarta
Phone : +6221 3813480 / Fax: +6221 3858035
You can also contact the university by visiting each university’s international office official website